Apple Launches iTunes 10.5 Final Download in Preparation for iOS 5 Release
Finally iTunes 10.5 is out for download to everybody after several beta releases seeded over last few months. Apple launches this release of iTunes 10.5 in preparation of final release of iOS 5 which is scheduled on this wednesday.
To access the latest iOS, iTunes 10.5 is essential and if you have already installed beta version of iTunes 10.5, just unstall it and install the final release without which you may not get access to the iOS 5. iTunes 10.5 is released for both Windows(XP, Vista and 7) and Mac users.
iTunes 10.5 is not just an upgrade but comes with new iCloud features like iTunes in the Cloud, with which music and TV purchases can be stored in iCloud to make them available on your Apple devices(iPhone, iPad, iPod) and PC anywhere, any time and at no additional cost.
iTunes Match is another interesting new feature in 10.5, which lets you store in iCloud library all your music collections that are not purchased from iTunes. You can avail the benefits of iTunes Match at just $24.99 a year which may launch in late October. But the support for iTunes Match is built in iTunes 10.5.
This release also comes with patches for number of security issues in windows and WiFi sync support when paired with iOS 5 and in same WiFi network.
Here is the change log as given by Apple.
What’s new in iTunes 10.5
- iTunes in the Cloud. iTunes now stores your music and TV purchases in iCloud and makes them available on your devices anywhere, any time, at no additional cost.
- Automatic Downloads. Purchase music from any device or computer and automatically download a copy to your Mac and iOS devices.
- Download Previous Purchases. Download your past music, TV, app, and book purchases again, at no additional cost. Previous purchases may be unavailable if they are no longer on the iTunes Store.
- Sync with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iOS 5.
- Wi-Fi Syncing. Automatically sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iTunes any time they’re both on the same Wi-Fi network.
SHA1 iTunes Windows 32 bit:1205cda4ce9a32db2fe02cf9f2cf2c0bf7d47bdb
SHA1 iTunes Windows 64 bit :ab400ad27a537613b3b5306ea026763a93d57fdf
SHA1 iTunes Mac:d6ecdd767b31b6c4661ef97a6a1a1234d2f695d1
Are you in preparation for upgrading your iDevice to the latest iOS 5? What are you waiting for? Go download the latest iTunes 10.5.